The oldest floating post office in the country
U.S. Mailboat Cruises
Mailboat cruises will begin on June 21, 2021. For cruises on the Sophie C. earlier than June 21, please view scenic tours.
The U.S. Mailboat navigates smaller channels and waterways to provide postal service to the island residents of Lake Winnipesaukee. On each trip she'll visit a number of different islands, and the Skipper will point out areas of interest along the way.
Passengers aboard the Mailboat are also invited to fill out postcards and mail them right on board, complete with a unique, collectible cancellation stamp!
Includes 2 Hour Cruise. Ice cream novelties and soft drinks are available for purchase.
U.S. Mailboat Cruise Schedule
Cruises Monday-Saturday from June 21 through September 11
Click on an event for more details and to purchase tickets
|11:00 AM||Loon Island, Bear Island, 3 Mile Island, East Bear Island|
|2:00 PM||Camp Lawrence, Birch Island, Sandy Island, Cow Island, Jolly Island|
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- All cruises are rain or shine.
- Times listed are departure times. Plan to arrive at the port 30 minutes prior to boarding to find parking, secure your tickets and and walk to the dock.
- Metered parking and paid parking lots are available at Weirs Beach.
- Cruise tickets are non-refundable, however they may be exchanged for credit toward another cruise with 24 hours notice.
- While children under the age of 5 may cruise free of charge, all passengers are required to have a seat while on board. Customers must note the number of non-paying children in their party during checkout. Parties that arrive on the day of the cruise with children that are not a part of the reservation may forfeit their table if there are not enough seats, and be moved to another open table regardless of location preference. If the number of non-paying passengers requires more seats than can be accommodated at the table, we reserve the right to charge for the additional passenger, regardless of age.
- Unused tickets on the day of a cruise are eligible for a credit of 50% of ticket price toward a future cruise.
- Menus are subject to change without notice.
- If you or a member of your party becomes ill prior to the cruise, your entire party should remain home. Please contact our Ticket Office ASAP to discuss alternative arrangements.
- For the safety and comfort of all passengers, all vessels in the Winnipesaukee Fleet are non-smoking.